Old August 12th 03, 09:37 AM
Iain Rae

Brian Allardice wrote:
In article ,
says...

Mainly because you and Canada have more wide open spaces than we have.
The major limit on low flying is complaints from the civilian population.

You might not credit it, but such training has given rise to bitter complaints
in Canada: "You are scaring the caribou"

Cheers,
dba

I believe in the UK local RAF bases get phoned up and get requests along
the lines of "Could your lads please time their practice so that they're
not flying over the farm when we're bringing the cows in for
milking/shearing sheep etc.

This is of course nothing new if the chicken farmer scene in "The Dam
Busters" is anywhere near accurate .

--
Iain Rae Tel:01316505202
Computing Officer JCMB:2418