Old June 2nd 18, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default ADSB out in tow planes

Look I am a power guy that’s transitioning to gliders for retirement. So I have questions. I just got my first glider specific computer an Oudie a couple of weeks ago.

Hi Charles -

Welcome to gliding! I have a PowerFlarm - S8 - Oudie set up. I don't have the option of turning off the PowerFlarm.

As part of my "get in the glider" checklist, I turn the Oudie volume down to 20% when I adjust the Oudie's altitude. On tow, I just ignore the written warning messages and the audibles are easy to ignore. Once off tow, the warnings go away and I turn my Oudie volume up to 80% for the rest of the flight.

I hope that helps.

Lou