Old July 18th 18, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Home built trailer for old glass ship

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 7:21:06 AM UTC-6, Papa3 wrote:
On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 2:01:21 AM UTC-4, John Foster wrote:
Any plans or ideas/suggestions out there about how to build a home-built trailer for an old glass ship? I have a line on a Phoebus A for a great price, but it doesn't come with a trailer. Thanks.

Hey John,

Before you start building a new trailer, you might try looking through the classifieds. For example, there's at least one decent looking tube trailer on Wings and Wheels in the US.

Also, FWIW, there are usually at least a couple of empty trailers at almost every large gliderport. Depending on where you live, it might be a good idea to take a walk behind the hangars of the local operation and peak around. I found a very nice Schreder trailer for a friend exactly that way years ago.

Erik mann

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into that. My trouble is that I'm in MT and we only have 1 glider operation up here and it's almost 4hrs away, and not very big. The other (slightly closer) operation is about 3 3/4 hrs drive and also not very big. But I'll check the classifieds and ask around to see if there are any old trailers around that are not being used and are in decent shape.