View Single Post
Old May 3rd 20, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Wing wheel from Craggy Aero

OK. Enough is enough. Tom, you ARE a liar. Below is the entire email string between us. You indicated the delivery time was unacceptable for the wing wheel, but you would send a check for the tow bar. I have no record in my bank statements from 2019 that indicate a payment from you, nor is there any evidence that I received one or refunded your money.

What this shows is that you NEVER paid for a wing wheel, and probably not the tow bar either. You are a bombastic, pontificating asshole, an opinion shared by several other pilots who know you and have responded to me privately.

If I ever decide to resume production of wing wheels and tow bars, rest assured that your requests will be denied.

Hi Mark,

I would like to order:

Tow out bar
Pair of wing cuffs
Wing wheel

These are for a ASH31Mi.

Need pricing for the lot plus shipping.

Thanks,

Tom

Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 12:29 PM
To: Mark M
Subject: Tow out dolly

Hi Mark,

The delivery is ok for the tow-out bar, but not for the wing wheel. I will send you a check for $275. What is the price for a wing cuff?

Tom

Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:46 AM
To: Tom S---
Subject: Tow out dolly

Tom-

Price on the tow bar is $200. The optional tail lifter is $50. An ASH-31 wing wheel is $700. Shipping on both is $75.

I am out of stock on the tow bars, and wing wheels are each custom fabricated. Delivery is generally 4-6 weeks after receipt of payment, but I am involved in a really big project right now, so my time is limited. It might take a bit longer unless I can squeeze them in.

Best regards,

Mark M

On 2/25/2019 1:06 PM, Tom S--- wrote:
Hi Mark,

I just called you about a tow-out dolly for an ASH-31Mi. I also need a wing wheel. Please respond with price and delivery costs for both. My address is:

Tom S---

Thanks.

(Email and physical addresses deleted. Last names also deleted, but you can read between the lines.)

Your interpretation of "scrubbing" is based on your experience with the Cobra wing wheel, probably the flimsiest, mass produced, doesn't-fit-anything piece of junk I have seen. It can't be properly aligned with the direction of travel because it doesn't clamp to the wing securely and it flexes so much that the alignment changes when it is in motion. The cheap-ass foam rubber padding slips, dries out and then crumbles into dust.

When I bought my first glider in 2000, I used one a couple of times and immediately started work on a design that evolved into a product that had over 300 buyers, many of them repeat customers. Is it the best? Maybe not, but it evidently satisfied the needs of the customers. I am very glad that you were not one of them.

(And it's not physics, it's simple geometry.)