Old September 7th 04, 08:26 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

TO THE GROUP..... Regarding Iwan Bogels"

Michael wrote:

As it is, you have a freak show and little else.

The above quoted comments was made today by another poster,
in another newsgroup.

For the last number of days Iwan Bogels"
has crossposted the same or similar message into a variety of
groups like this inviting you to visit his site, and view his crash
videos, so that you may become educated, and learn from the
mistakes of others.

In the piloting newsgroups he has been trying to justify his freakshow
with a number of the regulars who surprising enough for the most part
didn't see all that much wrong with it.

For the groups information.

A few years ago when the reality TV programs started to hit the air,
there was someone named Jeremy Peevers ( I believe ) and others
who were posting to the aviation newsgroups looking for footage
similar to what Mr. Bogels is showing on his website.

In the rec.aviation.homebuilt, and rec.aviation.rotorcraft groups
(where I generally lurk) they were basically told to **** off by the
majority or regulars who were offended that someone was looking for
death and destruction videos so they could be shown of national TV for
a profit under the guise of entertainment.

I personally asked on numerous times (in the group) if Real TV would be
interested in clear, well lit, sharply focused footage, of a young girl
being decapitated by a helicopter rotor and how much they would be
willing to pay.

That usually shut them up.

They didn't want videos of people out actually enjoying a day at the
airport, with shots of airplanes taking off, flying and landing.

They wanted videos of total destruction, fireballs, cartwheels,
well ........ you get the picture.

The other day Iwan Bogels" crossposted
his message into this set of newsgroups looking for hits to his site.

alt.disasters.aviation, fr.rec.aviation, rec.aviation.military,
rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.soaring

Yesterday he decided to crosspost his message into this set of
newsgroups.

alt.aviation.safety, aus.aviation, rec.aviation.homebuilt,
rec.aviation.ifr, rec.aviation.student

And today he is crossposting to this set of newsgroups

rec.aviation.rotorcraft, rec.aviation.student, rec.models.rc.helicopter

God knows where he will be tomorrow.

I'm certainly not telling anybody what they should or shouldn't look at
on the Web but let's not delude ourselves into believing the pitch from
Mr. Bogels this his site is for educational purposes so that pilots,
etc., can learn from the mistakes of others by watching these videos.

As another poster has stated..... And I am quoting him below.

As it is, you have a freak show and little else.

Mr. Bogel...... In my humble opinion the above quoted statement is
hitting the nail squarly on the head and you can dress your site up any
way you want, and explain anyway you want.... but in my opinion you
are promoting a freak show site and nothing else.

To the Rotorcraft group.

When Mr. Bogel first started crossposting his message he was offering
many video clips including crashes of commercial planes, military
jets., civilian aircraft etc. CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

Due to the heavy traffic he went over his bandwidth allocation so now
he is currently just offering one clip.

Since he is in a helicopter newsgroup today, he is offering a
helicopter crash video.

From his website.......

If you have additional material for us, or can point us in the right direction
where to find it, please let us know at

You will note the interesting name for his e-mail addy.

To the group let me repeat myself------ As I have clearly stated
above, I am not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't look
at, or how anyone should act or behave..... The comments above
are strictly my own and the information posted is for the groups
general information.

You can all make up your own mind and voice your own opinions
as you wish about Mr. Bogel and his website.