Old December 5th 05, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default A different lamp base

I've often thought that a cylinder w/head would make an awesome lamp. I'm
waiting for my ag flying buddys to get back from the convention in Reno to
ask them to save the next one they have to pull off one of their round
engines. I figure that I'd make a floorlamp out of it.

Jim

"Blanche Cohen" wrote in message
Had to replace the cast iron/steel/whatever cylinder (Piper part 65319)
on my cherokee a couple years ago because of a crack (which later was
an AD, but my A&P caught it early). The shop presented it to me with
the comment "it'll make a *great* lamp base!".

Well, not for me. I don't think any of my tables would hold the
weight! But if anyone would like it (for lamp or scrap, I don't
think it can be repaired) let me know, and it's your's for
shipping (as cheap as I can find it) and a pint of Ben & Jerry's
Chocolate Fudge ice cream.

Why now? Because I'm cleaning out the basement--lousy weather in
Colorado.