Old October 24th 13, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default glider battery duration problems

When I turn my master switch off, power is removed from the DC bus. My
transponder is powered from the bus.

Switch off = no power drain.

wrote in message
On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:46:32 AM UTC-6, John Marshall wrote:
I need advice about the best choice of batteries for an asg 29e. lithium

ion would be outside manufacturer's remit and the insurer's plus too many

risks-the fuel tank is directly above the battery housings. I would like

something with at least 9 amp hours, whether gel cell or mh.

Maybe this is way off track - but maybe you have a transponder ?
if most transponders are not specially programmed (set up) they will
run all the time - they are "on" all of the time - drawing power even
when your panel read out says "off" - I had that problem in 2 gliders -
EB28 Edition - another solution to check this power loss is to unplug
the transponder and see if that solves the problem - if it does then
get out your manual and find out how to change the settings - good luck