Old December 21st 04, 01:29 PM
Denny

Yup Jim.... I told Steve that if he misdrilled that tube HE was paying
for the replacement and the shipping and labor was on his nickle, not
mine... When I got back to the shop a day later it was all
installed... I asked him how the drilling went... He pulled his pipe
out of his mouth, scowled at me, and said, "What a ^&%$*# miserable
job... I spent 2 hours getting that thing jigged up and drilling four
holes... But that's OK because I'm charging for the time!"... Then he
smiled an evil smile and lit his pipe and walked away contentedly
blowing clouds of evil smoke... I discussed his ancestry, just loud
enough for him to hear... That made him really smile... Actually, if
I didn't insult him, I suspect he would charge me more...

Steve is an old time A&PI with decades of experience on Apaches and
Aztecs... I had no reservations about his ability to do the job right
the first time...