Old September 11th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Kevin Clarke

Default A gaggle of questions about traning from an old geezer...

SimGuy wrote:
Hello everyone,

After gaining by ticket in 1993 at KOAK my logbook was moth-balled and
I haven't flown again until last month. After regaining currency I
would like to try and ascend through the tiers and maybe, one day,
hold a Commercial License with Instrument rating. I currently have 85
hours logged as PIC, of which 10 are solo x-country.

Now to my questions:

1) My motivation may be a little unrealistic, in an ideal world I
would like to switch careers and become a professional pilot, however,
at 40 I'm probably too old. The airlines probably wouldn't be
interested, but could I do something else?

There is an article in this month's AOPA flight training mag about a
career post 40.

KC