Old December 4th 10, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Default NTSB crash report, autopsy report- Stevie Ray Vaughan

That concert was a two night double-header. My wife and I attended
the first one.

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, and Robert Cray, were all on the same
stage. They played sequentially, and then together. We had 7th row,
center, seats, and could see every drop of sweat on their faces. It
was AMAZING.

Clapton watched Vaughn play for a while, and then tried to answer. As
great as Clapton is/was, he couldn't. No one could. No one could
possibly play like Stevie Ray Vaughn -- and yet he did, and both
Clapton and Cray sounded lame by comparison. Vaughn was at the top
of his form, absolutely smoking.

At the end of that song, Clapton turned to Vaughn, then to the crowd,
pointed, and introduced Stevie Ray as the "greatest blues guitarist in
the world, bar none". And he was.

RIP, Stevie Ray. The night we were at Alpine Valley is was so foggy
we could not find our car.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

On Dec 4, 6:01*am, "Mark." wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Ray_Vaughan
"On February 22, 2000, Vaughan was inducted into the Blues Hall of
Fame in Washington, D.C., becoming one of just 79 performers to
achieve such distinction.[6] He also won several W. C. Handy Awards,
during his lifetime and posthumously, including Entertainer of the
Year and Instrumentalist of the Year in 1984.[7] In 2003, he was
ranked #7 in Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of
All Time.[8] Classic Rock Magazine ranked him #3 in their list of the
100 Wildest Guitar Heroes in 2007.[9]"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQsqR...eature=related
"Leave my little girl alone"

http://www.death2ur.com/Stevie-Ray-V...Crash-Site.htm
"FOUR HELICOPTERS WERE BEING USED AT NIGHT TO TRANSPORT A CONCERT
GROUP FROM A GOLF COURSE AREA NEAR ELKHORN, WI, TO CHICAGO, IL. AS THE
THIRD HELICOPTER (N16933) WAS DEPARTING..."

---
Mark IV