Old May 7th 18, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Attitudes & Reality

Yes, distraction is a bitch and when distracted pilots ignore things. There is no guarantee that you will respond to a powerflarm alarm appropriately and on time. This is why I don’t expect it to completely eliminate mid airs. But you can be damn sure that it can significantly reduce mid airs (as it very clearly evidently does if you look at statistics). Simply since most of the time we don’t ignore alarms and we do take appropriate actions.

Ramy