Old December 9th 20, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Shelton[_2_]

Default Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada

On Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 8:52:26 AM UTC-8, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
Sad event.

In the accident report it mentions, "Of the upper lines still attached to the canopy, we can see that the vast majority were incorrectly
mounted." This was listed in the conclusions section as one of the contributing factors.

In the Recommendations section the report says that, "When re-lining a wing, ensure the lines are placed on the attachment tabs correctly. The loop of the lines must be held by the attachment tabs. Lines should not be attached with a lark’s foot as this significantly reduces their strength.. If you are unsure of the correct procedure, always consult with a professional."

This is unclear to me what the correct attachment method is. Anyone have the low down?

Thanks, John (OHM)

John,

This video illustrates the right, and wrong way to attach lines. https://youtu.be/o-PjtwytC5M