Old March 11th 16, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

Default TABS

I am hoping Darry will chime in here. At the convention I attended the FAA
ADS-b presentation and spoke at length with the FAA reps (who were well
versed in the technical aspects). The odd remark that stood out to me that
they never quite angered was that TABS aircraft wouldn't have "separation
services" provided.

From what I could gather that meant that while a TABS device would be fully
participating I. The ADS-b scheme, you would still not gain access to the
class A/B/C and E above 10000' airspace. I have been looking around for
more info on this, but the whole TABS thing is still very vague.

I would appreciate any substantiated knowledgable response ;-)

Pete