Old August 1st 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

Default Why GA is Dying - POL quotes

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 19:53:06 GMT, "gatt"
wrote:

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
. ..

In Oregon, I am no longer free to buy cold medicines containing
pseudoephedrine without a prescription

SERIOUSLY! GOOD EXAMPLE!

The indians called the Willamette Valley the "Valley of sickness" because of
the pollen, which because of the grass seed farms is among the worst and
most concentrated in the world. Along comes a medication with almost no
side-effects, no drowsiness...something you could actually take and then fly
a plane.

I'm with you on the drugs, but I think there's an anachronism in the
indian/grass thing. Sort of like John Gray learning to make chainsaws
from the Calapooia. (Oh, right. He learned it from termites or
beavers or something. Maybe I should have said the Multnomah taught
Howard Vollum about oscilloscopes.)

I'm so allergic to grass pollen that the only thing that got me
through June and July, even way up in Aloha, were steroids.

Don