Old May 7th 04, 10:51 PM
Peter Gottlieb

The one time I reported one I called NY Approach. They asked me for the
coordinates, a description of the location, and the extent of the fire.
They seemed to have a pretty clear idea of what to ask for and what to do
about it. The controller told me he would relay it to the appropriate
authorities, and sure enough, on my way back home an hour later, I saw fire
crews making their way through the woods. Of course I can't be sure it was
my call, but I'd do the same thing again if I saw another fire.

"Ben Jackson" wrote in message
What do you do when you're flying over remote wilderness and see a fire?
If I'm talking to ATC and mention it are they going to report it? Should
I talk to fligh****ch or the nearest FSS? What sort of things would be
useful to note about a fire, besides its location?

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/