Old July 20th 15, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Maggie Hettinger

Default "Cloudstreet: Soaring the American West"

On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 7:28:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 1:06:21 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
Bill, great point. I agree with you. In addition, the 30 second Opera performance (early in th movie) was quite odd. Nothing against Opera singers, but 30 seconds of Opera singing in a 40 min soaring movie? Painful and completely unnecessary.

I think the opera scene would have been fine with more room ambiance (reverb, as in a big hall) and a fade to soaring scenes over the music (hopefully some with some action that went with the music). It was a little uncomfortable and shouldn't have been.