Old April 21st 04, 05:17 AM
Lisa

Mike O'Malley wrote:

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
. 158...
Jim wrote in :

I flew from Airport A to Airport B (did 1 touch-and-go) to Airport C
(did 1 touch and go) to airport D (did 3 touch and goes), then returned
to Airport A and landed. Airports A & D are greater than 50 nm apart.
Airports A&B, B&C, and C&D are less than 50 nm apart, respectively.

Should I log the entire flight as a 50nm Cross Country flight, or just
a portion? Should I delete the time spent doing touch and goes at
Airport D from the Cross Country time?

You can log the whole flight as cross country because you went farther
than 50NM from your home airport. However, a more practical question is,
does this flight really build your cross country experience? My guess is
no. So it really depends on what you are logging for.

Probably just logging to have an accurate record of the flight. How would a
cross country flight not build one's x-country experience? Sounds like a
pretty good flight, lots of navigation, finding airports, and landing practice
too.

Are you planning on using the time for a certificate or rating? If so, none
of it is loggable, as each leg was 50 nm. BUT, for any other purpose,
(part 135 or 121 experience, insurence) it IS cross country, as defined
elsewhere in the regs, as any point to point flight.

Huh? The OP stated that Airports A&D are greater than 50 nm apart. Based on
this, the leg from Airport D to Airport A was greater than 50 miles.
Therefore, the entire flight may be logged as a cross country for the purposes
of satisfying any requirement for cross country flight of greater than 50
nautical miles.

You are correct that any point to point flight may be considered "cross country"
but the OP was clear about logging for the purpose of a 50 nm cross country.