Old January 5th 17, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default First TSO-C199 "TABS" device

On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 10:34:52 AM UTC-8, SF wrote:
Is there any way to get one GPS antenna for everything?
Pretty easy to amass quite a collection of them
CNFD, CNV, CA302, Flarm, TABS

SF

One GPS antenna for 3 or 4 or 5 devices.

The problem is that each GPS provides power to the antenna, so just splitting the wire does not work and will damage something. Some have tried to use DC blockers on all devices but one.

I troubleshot one system that had a DC blocker on two inputs and an Air Avionics Vario, ClearNav, PowerFlarm.
Problem not all the instruments worked correctly. Tried switching the connections but nothing worked. When I went to 3 seperate GPS antennas all worked.

So in theory yes but practice maybe not.

Richard
www.craggyaero.