Old June 9th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
On Jun 9, 1:19 pm, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:
Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
MSFS was the means by which I discovered the mechanism.
If I had learned in actual aircraft, the question still would have
been relevant.
-Le Chaud Lapin-

You never learned of trim until MSFS and you are going to design an
airplane. Fabulous!

Is it really necessary to understand the particular way it was done in
C172 to achieve the same result?

The same thing could be achieved using more electronics, less
mechanics, and the controls might be entirely different.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Not knowing about trim by someone who thinks they are going to design an
airplane is like someone who wants to be an electrician and doesn't
understand the difference in AC and DC.

It's just another example that you have no business trying to design an
aircraft.