Old April 17th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
tankfixer

Default Fading Signal: The Neglect of Electronic Warfare.

In article ,
says...
They guy in the aircraft may very well be USAF. The Ea-6B are dual crewed since the EF-111 went away.

I thought the USN reverted its three or four expeditionary ("purple") EA-6B squadrons back to "fleet" (USN only) outfits not too long ago, due to the aging of this National Asset platform and the need to conserve the remaining good airframes until the EF-18G Growler comes on line. If so, then the USMC Prowlers have become the only EA-6Bs primarily land-based or "expeditionary."

Could be. Last I had heard they were dual crew.

I might be wrong, though...

--

"Oh Norman, listen! The loons are calling!"
- Katherine Hepburn, "On Golden Pond"