Old July 17th 18, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Cobra trailer aluminum vs fiberglass top

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 11:00:30 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 11:45:05 AM UTC+1, Ken Payne wrote:
At 09:38 17 July 2018, krasw wrote:
I haven't ever seen metal top Cobra that requires painting. I have never
seen glass top that doesn't.

Do Cobra offer a paint finish on their fiberglass tops. If not why not?

Very good question!

Similar questions to "Do they offer LED lighting?" or "Do they offer felt instead of foam-backed carpet?"
Like a new sailplane, it seems there is always something the buyer needs to work on.
Believe they're all being delivered with "beer friendly" fenders (mud guards) now, so one less option to consider.
Interior lighting is nice.
After installing one of each, the IMI drawer seemed better than the Cobra.

Tom, if you're getting an ASH31 (or for anyone considering JS1C or perhaps other multi-span polyhedral wing) have a look at the wider "DoSi" trailer as an option. Things are awfully tight in the standard width trailers, a recipe for trailer rash. At least either trailer will be shorter than the ASH26 (or Duo) trailers.
But uncertain that the newer wide metal top trailers still have a seam along the top. The 2000-vintage ones do. Alfred's sheet metal brake is huge, but has limits.
Jim