Old September 17th 18, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Accidents resulting from medical issues

I flew Hang Gliders for 38 years before I took up sailplanes. I do miss the adventure and physicality of it. It’s weight shift and you are connected to the air is a way that a canopied sailplane doesn’t offer. But like everything the atitude of newer pilots was about convienence over performance and it got watered down with paragliding. Instead of showing up at the hill ready to duel for distance it turned into more of a community fly in. I flew in the east where you needed to climb up some mountain trails to get to launch. Eventually that took its toll as many of us get older. I love flying my Ventus and being part of a soaring club today but I would be amiss if I didn’t;t admit that i sometime pine for those Glory days....apologies to Bruce -

DC