Old January 14th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Default UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico boarder

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 16:06:02 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote in ::

"Larry Dighera" wrote

What of the NORDO wooden glider with the right of way over powered
aircraft?

It is my understanding that synthetic aperture radar can see every kind of
object, including trees, ground, buildings, ect. That should work OK for
wood or fiberglass planes, also.

Here's the definitive Synthetic Aperture Radar web-site:
http://www.sandia.gov/radar/sar.html

And here is the Synthetic Aperture Radar Applications web-page:
http://www.sandia.gov/radar/sarapps.html

However, I don't see any mention of SAR being capable of seeing wooden
aircraft in flight, but SAR is able to image an oil slick on the
ocean, perhaps you've got something there.