Old March 27th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger[_4_]

Default OK, I'm going to ask another fuel tank question.

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:56:51 GMT, "Doug Palmer"
wrote:

If the fuel cell is not yet manufactured, you may want to consider using
Derakane 411 vinyl ester resin. It is rated for use with fuels with an
alcohol content up to 10%. for further information visit
http://www.whitealbatross.com/misc/

My whole airplane uses Derakane, but I'd still have reservations about
the fuel system itself such as lines, pumps,O-rings, gaskets,
injectors, spider, cut off and fuel tank switching

Actually, I'd still have reservations about the fuel and resin or
using even 10% alcohol in a system unless the entire system were
designed for it. Then I have concerns about hot weather and vapor
lock.

"BobR" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Mar 27, 5:29 am, "Lou" wrote:
I have searched all throughout the group and I still can't come up
with a decent answer. What is a good fuel tank sealant for composite
tanks, that resist the alchohol that is in todays gasoline? I can't
buy gas around here without the alchohol. There's alot of people that
do not like pro seal because it peals. What are the alternatives?
Lou

Look into the Jeffco 9700, I believe it is rated for alcohol.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com