Old March 17th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Why must night landings be full-stop?

buttman wrote in
:

On Mar 16, 12:19 am, Airbus wrote:
In article ,
says...

Anyone know why landings for night currency have to be to a full
stop?

rg

It's true we can only surmise as to the wisdom behind the
regulations. I always assumed the night full-stop requirement was to
ensure that night currency also included night-time ground taxi
currency, which is much more complicated than day-time.

If that were the case, then the regulations would exclude stop-and-
go's, which do not require any taxiing whatsoever.

Yeah, right.

Bertie