Old March 29th 04, 05:04 AM
Dale Alexander

Larry,

You are correct. I checked the spar and it does have the additional tubing.
Looks like a pretty neat job too. I found out that Craig Catto was one of
the original people at the factory. That's kinda neat. I have one of his
props for my Velocity and his shop is about 2 1/2 hours south of where I'm
at. I may have to call him and shake some cobwebs out of his neural pathways
and see what interesting stories he has. Without the proper pullers, I can't
tell what type of ignition it has. There is a flywheel bell mounted behind
the pull start assembly and a pair of small black Bosch coils are mounted
below the carb for whatever that is worth.

Dale Alexander

"Fitzair4" wrote in message
Dale
All Spars were called back for the change. My number 36 and all spars

after
that had the Update. So don't worry about it.

I still have a wing kit in my shop for sale.
If the Engine is CDI, Let me know,
I was at their shop in Jackson, Ca.and knew the owners back then.
The one big problem flying a Goldwing, was its VERY light wing loading. If

Sparrow bird, flew accross your flight path in front of you,
You would feel its tuberlance. I have flown it in some ruff wind.
It is like all Canard aircraft. Twice the runway take off length, for lift

off,
compared to regular Conventional aircraft.
Its like most ultralights. Fly in early morning or late eveing with no

wind.

Larry Fitzgerald