Old June 24th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Future of Electronics In Aviation

On Jun 23, 1:55 pm, wrote:

The bottom of the line Cessna 172 costs $235k.

Assume $50k for the engine and controls.

Assume $40k for the avionics.

That leaves the airframe at $145k.

Composite airframes are just as expensive.

What are you going to build an airframe out of that significantly reduces
that cost, Chinese rice paper?

Cessna says that a full third of the selling price goes toward
set-asides and insurance for them against possible future lawsuits
involving that airplane. The actual manufacturing cost, once that
third is removed and profit taken out, would be much lower. That
doesn't help us, of course, since lawyers and stupid juries and
irresponsible "pilots" will make sure it stays that way.

Lapin is a babbling idiot.

I have no idea why we keep arguing with him. Even if he quit
posting, someone else would take up the affordable PAV idea and make
themselves a pain with it.

Dan