Old November 25th 14, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ka6E vs. Ka6CR

On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:20:38 AM UTC-8, lynn wrote:
On Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:55:13 AM UTC-5, Jeff Casto wrote:
I'm looking to buy a Ka6E but all of the current owners are being stingy
and won't sell. :-( Can anyone give me a comparison b/t a Ka6E and a
Ka6CR?

Also, are there any comparable ships you might consider in lieu of a Ka6E?

Thanks!

Jeff

I have about 100 hours in a K-6e and found it a delight to fly. Jeff, since I know you, I am sure you would easily fit into any version of the K-6. The e-model is nicer looking and slightly better performance. Be aware, all K-6 models require entire canopy removal to enter so in the normal TSA winds you will need to watch it when it is on the ground.

It is my understanding, from I'm not sure where, that the E, CR, and ASW15 were all in simultaneous production. I'm making the assumption that most of the performance improvement in the E would have been from the airfoil upgrade, not the tail so if my old ship has the Wortmann wing, I'd probably opt for it.

Has anybody seen the CR mod with the fairing from the vertical stab to top of fuselage???
Thanx
JM