Old August 18th 19, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
India November[_2_]

Default Std. Libelle vs Club Libelle

I have 200+ hours in a Club Libelle 205 at SOSA in Ontario--the first glider I owned. I found it a pleasant medium performance glider (34:1).

Despite the carryover of the Libelle name it doesn't much resemble the 201. The design owes more to the Glasflugel Hornet and Mosquito. Roomy cockpit, T-tail, fixed gear, and trailing edge dive brakes which allow steep approaches. Easy to rig and derig.

Mine had crazed gelcoat, later refinished by a subsequent owneer.

Flew a few contests and did my 300k in it then traded up to an LS4. Good memories.

Ian IN