Old August 22nd 19, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Flaps/No flaps...practical difference??

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 3:21:23 PM UTC-7, wrote:
For simple long pleasure flights in the western US or for the rare flights in the Alps would I notice any real PRACTICAL difference between a Discus 2c and other flapped 18m ships? I have NO interest in competition. Thanks

Yes, there ARE practical difference between a Discus 2C and, say, an ASW29-18, and not just a little, a lot. I recommend that you search OLC and find flights where these two gliders are flown head-to-head. I have personally flown an ASH26e against a 29 and they left me in the dust.

BTW, "pleasure" means "not landing out."

Tom