Old June 18th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_2_]

Default PA-28-140 to Juneau.

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
Al G wrote:
I've been up the Coastal route, and you can expect Juneau to be 800
to 1200 OVC, and 2-5 miles from June through at least September. There
are 2 lighted runways, one with a Green and White beacon, and one with a
Yellow and White beacon. You want the runway on the right, with the green
one. I've never landed westbound.

Wait a minute. If you're landing eastbound, the relatively dry one is on
the *left* (runway 8, not 8W)...

For the original poster, here's a snapshot of both from a while ago:

http://www.visi.com/~rma/jnu_approach/Image6.jpg

Notice the offset VASI. There's a reason, obvious from this snapshot:

http://www.visi.com/~rma/jnu_approach/Image2.jpg

Oops, you're right, er, left, whatever.

By the way, I think that photo is photo-shopped, I didn't know there was
that much sky up there. I have never seen it from the ground. To the OP, I
found these:

Alaskan Aviation Safety Foundation:
http://www.alaska.net/~etc/aasf/

Aopa: