Old January 9th 04, 03:43 AM
David O

Other people use chunks of stainless or aluminum or wood. One I know,
who's done a couple of nose landings, is putting a wheel from a roller
blade just under the bumper so when it dies it will grind down to his
"alternate gear system."

Geez, it seems like a gear up warning system would be a better option
for your friend. My pitot-actuated Long-EZ gear-up warning system
saved me considerable embarrassment once. Without a gear-up warning
system, it's not a question of if, it's a question of when. I decided
one was mandatory for me after an airline pilot builder/flyer I knew
landed his Long-EZ gear-up.

David O --
http://www.AirplaneZone.com