Old February 22nd 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Local reporter takes an intro flight

Chris wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
Tony Cox wrote:
"I haven't even told you about the plane yet. It's a four-seat,
single-engine Cessna 172, which was also my blood
pressure when I spotted it in the field behind West Air.
This $80,000 Costco shopping cart with wings was
undoubtedly chosen for this mission because it's the
fleet's most expendable."

http://flymaniac.notlong.com

Sounds like a feature writer who thinks he is being funny and an
instructor who needs to take some classes in media relations.

For goodness sake, lighten up.
If you looked at the other adventures of the reporter you can see the
style.

I did and I was exactly right about the writer and the only thing I blame
him for is that he thinks he is funny.

As for the instructor, who had better access to the guys previous articles
than I did he, should have known better than to give the guy ammo. This
article did not help GA and it certainly isn't going to get the instructor
or his school any additional serious students.