Old October 18th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Mounties Electrocute Airline Passenger

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:58:59 -0500, Dave S
wrote in :

Have you
any idea how long a Taser is capable of sustained high-voltage output?

Yes

Is it controllable by the LEO?

In a fashion. Their only control with regards to this is to pull the
trigger. On or off.

Until a dart is removed, I would think the LEO could continue to apply
high-voltage until the battery was exhausted.

The ones in use in my locale (the 5 county area surrounding Houston,
Texas, by numerous city and county LEO's) have a 5 second burst per
trigger pull. They also have recording capability from a data standpoint.

As you didn't mention any requirement for periodic inspection and
certification of Tasers carried by LEOs, I presume that isn't
occurring. Is it not possible that Tasers in the field are being
operated beyond their specifications accidentally or deliberately?

Do you know specifically what data are recorded by the Taser?