Old January 22nd 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

Default Safety pilot "flight time"

Second in command time, only a CFI can log PIC when they are
not actually sole manipulator of the controls.

Be honest, you are only required while the hood is on.

"kevmor" wrote in message
ups.com...
| When logging safety pilot time, what do you put under the
"duration of
| flight" column? For example, say I'm flying with a friend
who is
| wearing a hood. We decided I'll be responsible for the
flight before
| hand. I can log PIC for the time the other person had the
hood on, and
| under the "total flight time" column, put the same as the
PIC/when he
| was wearing the hood?
|
| Someone told me once if the person wore the hood most of
the flight,
| you could log the "flight time" for the entire flight,
because you were
| a required crew member. But once he takes it off though,
you aren't