Old January 22nd 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Default Safety pilot "flight time"

Dave Butler wrote:
Ron Natalie wrote:
Dave Butler wrote:

You can log PIC, instructor or not, any time you are either acting as
PIC, or the sole manipulator of the controls.

Incorrect.

Hmm, Ron, you are usually precise in your statements, but, assuming you
meant 61.51 below, I don't see anything that contradicts my statement.

Where in 61.51 does it say anybody (instructor or not) can log PIC
because they are acting as PIC? There are two specific instances
(ATP and multipilot operation). Otherwise you have to meet one of
the other requirements.