Old April 17th 04, 12:22 AM
Michael 182

Wow, a political post on RAP I actually agree with. I may have to print and
frame...

Michael

"Musky" wrote in message
I learned a long time ago not to open my mouth on usenet, you'd think I
would have remembered. In the interest of bandwidth I at least removed
.ifr and .owning from this conversation.

Otis Winslow wrote:
Why is it that Liberals always feel guilty for what they have? And even
more worrisome is why do Liberals feel guilty for what OTHERS have
and want to take it away from them and give it to someone who hasn't
managed to earn and have much.

If you read my message carefully you will not find that I "always feel
guilty", nor that I want to take anything away from anyone.

In true usenet style I suppose I should counter with "why do
Conservatives always spout off like arrogant pricks about how much they
have and how much they deserve it?" But that is impossible, since I
know and respect many conservative-minded people who DON'T feel or act
that way. I'm not complaining about what I have, but I'm also not
claiming that I have singular right to it.

Maybe I should put it this way, and then shut up and let the spouters
have their fling. Rant on, flame away, I'm going away after this.

When I voted against Reagan in 84, I ended up with a record-breaking
deficit, guaranteeing higher taxes in the future. There were also cuts
in my extended family's health care and social services, and a vast
outpouring of mentally ill homeless people onto the streets. Curiously,
that same extended family continue to vote Republican, though they are
hard pressed to explain why.

When I voted against the older Bush in 88, I ended up with even more
deficit spending, my friends going to war and dying over the rights to
cheap oil even though pump prices hit all-time highs, and drug and
weapons dealing in the absolute upper echelon of the government that I
pay for. Was anyone impeached? Hell, hands were not even slapped.

When I voted for Clinton, I ended up with eight years of slightly higher
taxes, a COMPLETE turnaround of deficit spending culminating in a record
*surplus*. It helped that business and real estate were both booming
at the time, but it also helped that he managed the boom wisely and
hired good people to give him advice. I saw my taxes climb 3%. I was
willing to spend that kind of money for what I, my family and friends,
and my country got for it.

Now that the younger Bush is in office, more of my friends are overseas,
and though fewer are dying, more are being forced to work in dangerous
conditions (like asbestos removal) without adequate safety equipment,
more are having their tours extended unreasonably. Taxes are lower for
those making six figures or better, but for those in lower brackets
conditions are worse than ever---taxes unchanged, services cut.

Bush is a bumbling idiot. Most if not all of my conservative friends
are voting for Kerry just to get the guy out of office. He has made
life in this country difficult unilaterally, and the ultra-partisan
congress has not helped.

Robin Hood with my stuff and give it to those not inclined to get their
own stuff.

For what it's worth, I worked hard for my things as well, from a poor
midwest farm family to a manager in a high-tech company. But I'm not
fooling myself with someone else's scare tactics. No one is trying to
give my stuff to someone else, or yours either.

Social services are not for weak idiots, they are for people with less.
It's called charity, and it is supposedly a Christian ideal.

More flame bait:

Has anyone else noticed that the majority of conservatives tend to be
Christian, yet the conservative ideal is completely ANTI-Christian?

Liberal govt has no legal right to take stuff from one group and give it
to another. They have a right to take from us enough to operate govt and
provide for our physical security. That's it. No Robin Hood stuff.

Government has no right to *take* anything. Don't forget that we have
hired them to run our large organization. They are not an evil entity
that we must appease, they are our EMPLOYEES, and it is our
responsibility to keep an eye on them.

The republican administrations over the past twenty years have taken far
more out of our pockets and away from our families---in form of our kids
going off to war to feed their special interests. If you are worried
about someone playing Robin Hood, look deeper than what you see on
TV---the current administration is stealing you BLIND. They are ****ing
down your back and telling you it is raining.

They know that at some point we will have had enough and their **** will
be in the wind. THAT is why they don't want us to have guns. We will
use them to defend our stuff. Now THAT scares them Liberals.

HAHAHHAA.. okay, now I'm off my soapbox. It's tough to argue with that
kind of one-toothed logic.

Musky
pro stuff, pro defensive military, ANTI aggressive military and
ANTI right-wing conservative scare-tactic bull****