Old December 15th 05, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,sci.electronics.design

Default Wind/Solar Electrics ???

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:02:56 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

After much thought and ponderance, I've come to the conclusion that to
electrify the hangar using Pacific Gas & Electricity

snip
My hit on it is that a 2 kW inverter would be more than enough to handle the
AC side of it, and a bank of 12 volt truck batteries would work for the DC
side of it, but there are the problems of parallelling large batteries, how
to combine the outputs of solar cells and wind generators, and a reasonable
source for all this stuff.

snip
Comments appreciated.

Clever idea. Good luck with it.

Are the hangar doors electric? If so - make sure you have enough
surge current capability to get the motor started. I have a 120V /
1850W generator and it did not have enough juice to raise the door
during a power outage.

-Nathan