Old August 12th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hunter[_2_]

Default Check out Ron Tabery's 1000km

I have flown with Ron and he just does not like to turn, it scares
him. I have seen a couple of his traces from the Opens at Uvalde and
he is afraid to turn while winning these contests. I would say his
inability to turn would be a weakness... if he flew standard class
instead of open class.

On Jul 12, 12:46*pm, WR wrote:
Ron Tabery's 1000km Texas thermal flight on 7.11.09 includes the most
impressive first leg I have ever seen. *Launch at 1045am central,
flies 137sm south on early morning texas thermals, equivelant to that
of a cow fart, in two hours WITHOUT A SINGLE 360 TURN at an average
altitude of less than 3000' agl. *The rest was standard hill country
phukinbooming soaring.

No ridge, no wave, very impressive.