Old August 25th 16, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

Default Another terrible loss

I am terribly saddened. Awful accident. Frightening.

I have always referred friends, business associates and anyone who showed interest in soaring to this operation for many years now (Usually Telluride and Minden are my go to recommendations). I simply told them that Telluride is extraordinarily beautiful from the air, that the Stemme S10 is a state of the art self launching sailplane and that GliderBob was experienced and very well respected. I told them that this was easily one of the best (if not the best) soaring experiences available in North America. I know of many who took my advise and bought sailplane rides from GliderBob for themselves, their girlfriends, wives and family when visiting Colorado. Several were rewarded with what they described as "the flying experience of their lives" and took photos and videos during their flight that became very special to them. Occasionally, I recieved a note from friends thanking me for the great recommendation. They always seemed to really like GliderBob and his manner.

I just told a good friend about Telluride soaring maybe a few weeks. And I was considering buying a ride myself and in a few weeks time as I visit Colorado annually.

So in that way I feel very saddened by this accident. Even more than usual..

Hopefully someone can replace the Telluride soaring operation someday and keep soaring available to the public in that absolutely beautiful area. I'm sure that is what Bob would wish for...

Sean