Old August 26th 16, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Another terrible loss

I met Glider Bob in '97 when he gave me a Stemme demo ride. We met in the middle flying into Ely, NV from opposite directions. Must'a worked as I joined the Stemme owners shortly thereafter. A couple of years later, Mark Arnold, who was the US Stemme dealer then, hosted four CA Stemme pilots on safari at his house in Telluride, Glider Bob led us on a great tour of the town the following day, as winds were too strong for flying. Great hosts and memories to treasure. I can't picture Bob without his infectious smile, pleasant manner, and always willing to help with any owner's questions. Sad to say goodbye my friend.