Old February 9th 18, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2018 Standard Class Nationals

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 6:12:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Calling all Standard Class Gliders to the Texas Soaring Association from July 31 to August 8!

We hope to see a large turnout this year with the contest running through our prime soaring season. TSA is one of the largest clubs in the US with our own airfield 30 miles south of DFW. Nice flat terrain with mile square fields and many airports in the task area make for easy flying and weather in early August should average around 6-8,000' AGL with exceptional seasons pushing above 10k'.

There will be several evening activities and for rest days, many sights of the Lone Star state are a short drive away. For those that can't get enough Texas Soaring, continue south to Uvalde for 15 Meter Nats starting August 11.

CD - Mark '7K' Keene
CM - Mike '5F' Westbrook
Scoring - Tony 'TS1' Smolder
Weather - Walt 'WX' Rogers

https://sites.google.com/view/2018standardclass/home

https://www.facebook.com/2018StandardNats/

http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2399

It's too bad they scheduled the club class and standard class contest to overlap each other, both could have gotten more contestant had they coordinated the schedule.
GB