Old February 9th 18, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2018 Standard Class Nationals

On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 3:52:09 PM UTC-5, ND wrote:
On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 10:50:00 AM UTC-5, wrote:
It's too bad they scheduled the club class and standard class contest to overlap each other, both could have gotten more contestant had they coordinated the schedule.
GB

Yes, unfortunately the weather in North Texas is best during the scheduled time period. Any earlier and the weather can be less reliable. TSA also sends towplanes to support contests at Uvalde - so couldn't push it back with 15 Meter and Open Nats. After the Uvalde contest we run into the risk of tropical storms influencing the weather (see late August/September 2017).

I don't think we would see a significant increase in attendance from Club Class attendees going to Dansville, maybe one or two. No pilot flew both in 2015-16-17 even when scheduled at different times. Location seems to be the biggest factor in attendance.

you'd definitely have seen one more

2 more
GB