Old December 12th 18, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

Default Are air filters necessary on Pitot, static or TE lines?

On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 11:37:12 AM UTC-6, Ross wrote:
Depending where you are based will depend on what they are called, but this is about what you are looking for:

https://shop.streckenflug.at/product...roducts_id=475

Cheers

Here in Oklahoma a few years ago our club 2-33 had a malfunction of the airspeed, turned out to be a nasty smelling decaying remains of some kind of insect in the pitot tube, could have easily gotten into the instrument. on my own sailplane I have installed small engine paper element filters to minimize the possibility of contaminates getting into my spendy instruments.
Scott