Old March 23rd 05, 01:43 AM
Vaughn

"Greg Arnold" wrote in message
news:AK20e.1003$AN1.904@fed1read03...
Tony Verhulst wrote:

I've tried the speed-up slow-down signals occasionally,
but if I really needed the speedup, I'm not sure I'd want to be churning
the controls.

A few years a go, club member, with full water was being towed too slowly.
The tow plane radio was inop and the last thing he wanted to do close to
stall was to rock his wings.

Tony V.

What is the chance that the towpilot would notice the wing rock, anyway?

I always thought that the wing rock was for "speed up" was not the greatest
choice. Also, I have had mixed results with the "turn" signal, it is usually
not noticed. I find that particularly distressing when the tow pilot insists
on taking me downwind.

As someone else already noted, there is really no reason to not have radio
communications these days.

Vaughn