Old July 14th 04, 10:30 AM
Cub Driver

On 13 Jul 2004 20:56:22 GMT, "ian maclure" wrote:

Two of the leading lights of the Quebec separatist movement
bore the mellifluous fine old French names Robert Burns and
Louis O'Neil.

Then there is the famous South American liberator, Bernando O'Higgins.

I believe there was also a marshal of France named Ashe.

The Scots weren't exactly stay-at-homes, but the Irish *really* got
around.

Then there are the "English" families you find in Argentina, often in
Patagonia. I've met several of these in the past few years, result of
a family connection. They speak English, and most go to school or
university in Britain at some point in their lives.

And yes, one of them just got a job on an estancia so large that his
new employer sent him to flight school, because the foreman gets
around by Cessna 172, so you see this was really on topic after all.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com