Old December 20th 05, 10:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,sci.electronics.design

Default Wind/Solar Electrics ???

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 05:00:15 GMT, Don Tuite
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:34:35 GMT, "Mike Rapoport"
wrote:

Jim,

Check out http://www.realgoods.com/renew/index.cfm They have a store near
you and also catalog that is very informative on sustainable, off-grid
living and systems.

I've had my reservations about RG ever since they endorsed those
piezoelectric washing-machine tablets.

More than anything though, CE/UL-approved grid-connect inverters (ok
AND EU subsidies, especially in Germany) are helping to increase cell
and panel manufacturing capacity. Which is essential to driving down

There have been several "breakthroughs" that could *potentially* cut
the cost of the solar cells to less than half of current and at the
same time increase the efficiency by a substantial margin.

There were a lot of weasel words in the press release so ... who
knows. IF, how soon, and how much.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
cost. I think off-the-grid is fine for hangars and folks in Idaho
with acres and acres of acres, but grid-connect is where the volume
is.

Don