Old July 24th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Trailer tire pressure remote monitoring systems

After a trailer tire blowout last year, I installed a remote monitoring
system that displays the trailer tire pressure on command, and alerts me
automatically if the pressure drops. I don't know how effective this
will be in avoiding tire problems, because it's possible tread
separation can occur even if the pressure is OK, but at least I won't be
driving on under-inflated tires.

There are several systems that one can choose from. I'm using
PressurePro, which is about $150 for the monitor and $50/tire for the
sensors. I also put them on my tow vehicle, so it was $650 for the two
trailer wheels and the six RV wheels. It was easy to install and seems
to work well.

Is anyone else using a trailer tire monitoring system? Has it helped you
avoid tire problems?

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org