Old August 14th 05, 01:41 PM
Charles

Bob Fry wrote:

"C" == Charles writes:

C I'm interested because after an hour or so, the headsets start
C to hurt on the top of my head and to drill my sunglass frames
C into the side of my head. Plus, with glasses, the ANR doesn't
C always do its best.

Maybe the solution is different sunglass frames. I wear glasses all
the time and make sure I get thin, flexible frames. If you wear a
cap, maybe a different type? Remove any buttons on top of the cap?

Yeah, I've tried all that. Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible, but
it does bug me on long cross countries. I do have the ball off the top
of my caps... Even so, just the weight of the headset starts to bear
down after a while. The sunglass thing is subtle, but the ANR gets
very noticeably quieter if I push the earcups into my head. I think
it's the gaps around the sunglasses. Even with wire thin frames,
sometimes the big offender is the wide part at the end of the earpiece.
They make them big and flared so you don'tscrap yourself or jab your
eye out, or whatever. I've gone so far as to cut them down and smooth
off the new end with a file. It definitely helps, but if these new
headsets get around all this, that would be great.