Old November 21st 05, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Yesterday's IFR flight with questions

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:11:04 -0500, Dave Butler wrote:

wrote:

It is my understanding that ice forms less quickly when a propellor
turns faster. If you want to descend quickly (low RPM) would the prop
icing up and be a problem?

Don't know the answer to the icing question, but if I want to descend faster
(vertical speed) I go to *high* RPM. More drag and you can point the nose down
more steeply without picking up as much speed.

Thanks.
I guess you have variable prop - I don't (PA28) :-)